Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Servings: 10 slices
For the filling:
300 grams/ 2 cups fresh blueberries
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 teaspoons tapioca starch
For the crust:
1 box of Pecan Nut and Blueberry Snack Bars
1 cup (96 grams) almond flour
3/4 cup (67 grams) old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons coconut oil solid
2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and lightly grease a 23cm tart pan with a removable bottom. Set aside.
- Add blueberries, maple syrup, and tapioca starch to a medium bowl and toss until coated. Set the blueberries aside while you make the crust.
- Add the almond flour, oats, maple syrup, baking powder, and salt to a different bowl and whisk until combined. Add the coconut oil and use your fingers to work it in until coarse crumbs form and the mixture holds together when pressed.
- Remove a heaping 1/2 cup of the crumbs for the topping and pour the remaining crumbs into the prepared tart pan. Press the dough evenly into the pan.
- Evenly layer the Pecan Nut and Blueberry Snack Bars on top of the dough close together, forming as solid a base as possible. Leave some bars for the topping.
- Pour the blueberries over the crust, making sure the juices stay behind in the bottom of the bowl.
- Crumble the snack bars
- Add the chopped pecans and crumbled snack bars to the remaining crumble and sprinkle evenly over the top of the berries.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the filling is bubbling and the crust is lightly brown. At around 20 minutes, tent the tart with foil to prevent it from getting too brown. Let cool completely before slicing into wedges and serving.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
This great recipe has been adapted from the recipe’s original author, Rachel Conners, from Bakerita