Total Cooking time: 10 minutes
1 cup Smooth Cashew Butter Spread
3/4 cup soft brown/coconut sugar/xylitol
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon ground flax seed mixed in a small bowl with 2 tablespoons water
A handful of vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Lightly grease or line a couple large baking trays. Set aside.
- Mix the peanut butter and sugar together in a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir in the baking powder and flax egg until fully combined. The dough will be thick and a little sticky.
- Add the vegan chocolate chips and stir mix in well.
- Scoop out the dough – about 2 tablespoons worth of dough and roll into balls. Place on the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Flatten the balls with a fork making a cross hatch on the top of each cookie. Flattening the cookies will help them bake more evenly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 9-11 minutes. The tops will be starting to golden. Let the cookies cool on the trays completely before transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool.
This great recipe has been adapted from the recipe’s original author, Sarah Nevins, from A Saucy Kitchen