Who are we?
Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” which are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” which track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, isp, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” which are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, sign up to receive our newsletters, emails or alerts, provide feedback in relation to our Site or our products, enter prize draws or competitions, or choose to complete any surveys we send you we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number). We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
How we use your personal information and our legal bases for doing so
We will only use your Personal information when the law allows us to. Generally, we will use your Personal Information where it is required to fulfil our contractual obligations with you, or where it is necessary for our legitimate business interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
More specifically, we use the Order Information that we collect to process and fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). This processing of your Order Information is necessary for the performance of our sales contract with you.
Additionally, we may use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you (for example to respond to an enquiry or feedback you have given). This processing of your Order Information is necessary for our legitimate interests of understanding our customers and providing better products and services for our customers;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud. This processing of your Order Information is necessary for legal compliance purposes (for example to pass details to an enforcement agency if a fraudulent purchase is made);
- Administer and maintain your user account, if you create a user account with our Site. This processing of your Order Information is necessary for our legitimate interests of allowing our customers to engage with us and to complete transactions for our products/services more easily;
- Communicate whether your entry to a competition has been successful or not and fulfilment of prizes. Our legal basis for this processing is your consent which you give on entering the competition. If you withdraw your consent, we cannot process your competition entry;
- Provide you with newsletters, emails or alerts that you have signed up to receive. We will send you these with your consent which we obtain at the point you request these regular updates. You may withdraw your consent to processing your personal information for this purpose at any time by contacting us or by clicking “unsubscribe” in the communications we send you; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services (for example exclusive offers and promotions we think may be of interest to you). When we collect your personal information, we will give you the option not to receive these emails. You can change your mind at any time by contacting us or by clicking “unsubscribe” in the emails we send you. This is necessary for our legitimate interests for promoting our products and services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns). This processing of your Device Information is necessary for legal compliance purposes (e.g. to pass details to an enforcement agency if a fraudulent purchase is made) and our legitimate interests of personalising your experience and tailoring the content, offers and promotions we send to you and other customers. It also helps us to improve and better promote our products and services.
Sharing your personal information
We share your Personal Information with our suppliers and service providers to help us use your Personal Information for the purposes described above. For example, we use Woocommerce to power our online store–you can read more about how Woocommerce uses your Personal Information here:
Your Personal Information may be transferred to, and stored in, countries outside of the UK and EU for the above purposes. We will take steps to ensure your personal information is adequately protected in countries outside the UK and EU. Please contact us if you would like more details on safeguards used by us to protect Personal Information for these transfers.
Information we receive about you from other sources
We work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them. We may also receive information if you have provided permission to other organisations to share it with us. Before providing permission to such third party organisations to share your personal information, you should check their privacy notices carefully.
For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may receive information from publically available sources (where possible) to keep your information up to date.
As described above, we may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Instagram https://help.instagram.com/1415228085373580
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Data protection legislation in the UK and EU provides individuals with certain rights regarding the use of their personal information. You have the right to:
- access the Personal Information that we hold about you in many circumstances;
- ask us to delete or correct any Personal Information that we hold about you;
- prevent us processing your Personal Information;
- port your Personal Information in certain circumstances;
- not be subject to a solely automated decision;
- withdraw any consent that you have given. This does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before withdrawal; and
- lodge a complaint with the UK regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office, if you have concerns about how we use your personal information. Please see https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ to find out more.
If you would like to exercise your rights, please contact us using the contact information below.
We will only retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary for the purposes we collected it for and for as long afterwards as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations or as is necessary in our legitimate interests to retain it. Therefore, some information may be kept for more or less time depending on how long we reasonably feel it is required for. We review these retention periods on a regular basis.
The Site is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org